Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black Friday

For the first time in 5 years, yesterday I did not have to work.  Working in retail for most of my adult life I have started to loathe malls and the entire shopping experience.  I love everything about fashion, but you will rarely find me at the mall or anybody's department store.  I love to shop on-line and at my favorite discount stores: Loehmann's, Gabriel Brother's, Filene's Basement, Century 21, TJ Maxx, Marshall's and Nordstrom's Rack.  Oh and the holy grail: Target's boys section!!!  I sometimes frequent Off Saks and Neiman's Last Call, but A LOT (not all) of the items they sell were made specifically for those stores and were never even in Saks or Neiman's.  There is nothing wrong with that, but psychologically, I want to feel like I'm getting the best deal of my life and I want a real markdown.

So, I went to Loehmann's yesterday in search of some wardrobe staples: black pumps and a new black purse.  I came out with a cute little top, a pair of black pumps and a pair of red pumps.  Those 3 items cost me $58 (Buy one, get second half off + 15% birthday discount + 10% gold member card).  Not bad!  I have about 4 pair of black pumps now:  Church, Interview, Casual, and Dressy.  Now, that I've justified each of their purposes, I no longer want to vomit.  I hate bright red shoes, I'm usually a burgandy or merlot type of girl, but they were just a bonus for those nights when I complain of nothing to wear and the price was excellent!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment