Saturday, December 18, 2010

Video: Going Natural

In July of 2002, after years of chemical damage I decided to shave my head and "go natural". There was no political statement or trend I was trying to imply. I wanted a change. I'd worn short hair for years before I shaved it in 2002, so loosing my hair wasn't a big deal at all. I applaud all of the women who are making the decision to "go natural"; just remember to be patient, take care of it and do research. If your goal is to grow long hair, please do not end up like me; 8 years in and only 2 years worth of length. That's ok, because on my 10 year anniversary in July 2012, my hair will finally be where I want it.

2 comments:

  1. I luuuv this story...as you know I am natural, but would prbly say 80% bc of color & blowouts....NOT giving up color, but thinking about the blowouts....as women our hair is our crown & as black women its been a crown of thorns with how we believe we are 2 wear it....that is y the decision 2 go natural is an emotional one... men also play apart bc they say they like us real but they seem 2 adore whatever is fake about us from hair, lashes, nails, breast & now butts...I think I'm ready to take my crown back & ease off the blowouts 2 straight up natural....................smoochesbri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!!! Love this: "men also play apart bc they say they like us real but they seem 2 adore whatever is fake about us from hair, lashes, nails, breast & now butts" lol, so true!

    ReplyDelete